21 September 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Stephanie

Today I would like to introduce you to Stephanie. 

I'm Stephanie. I am a Planner addict and Journal lover. I love to be organised. My Partner goes mad at me for having so many baskets for different things around the house. However I know he likes the fact of every object has a home. I am Notebook obsessed! I keep collecting different types of notebooks and then thinking of what I can use them for. I never run out of ideas and I'm that crazy that I have an 'Idea Journal'.

I'm 24 years old warm hearted girl. I have to still call myself a girl, as please god do not call me 'woman'. Makes me feel old when I'm still young and fresh as a daisy. I live with my partner (I've recently got engaged after four years of living together), our two gorgeous sons (a hyper two and half year old and a very good two month year old), and our two small dogs and a goldfish. I live in a city in England. I work at a Primary School as Admin assistant and I work in the office (Part - time). I deal with attendance, dinner money, toast and milk money, and other random little things.

A few of my favourite things are Planners (all types), make-up, blogging, making planner inserts, journals, notebooks and organising. My Blog is organiseyourlifeandmind.blogspot.co.uk

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I've had tons of cheap organisers, but my first filofax I brought was four years ago. I brought the pink pocket breast cancer filofax. I loved the pocket filofax but two years later I got fed up of it being too small (as I tend to write quite big). So I ended up buying a A5 Filofax.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Filofax is my favourite brand. I also like Paper chase. I don't think I'll ever change brand though, as I'm in love with the Filofax brand.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My current favourite is my Identity Personal Filofax. I really like the pockets on it and it was cheap to buy. I am planning to buy a new Personal size and new A5 size Filofax. I want them in the colour mint, green or yellow. I also do want the Malden brown personal Filofax.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I only own four Filofax brand organisers and a couple of non brand names organisers. I like to make some of my notebooks organisers also.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

Pink pocket breast cancer Filofax is four years old.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

I currently use four different organisers.

  • My A5 Filofax is used as my bullet journal/everyday planner. I actually made the inserts myself. Which you can buy from my etsy shop at Life organised. I have my weekly pages, my daily pages and then the rest is the bullet journal system. I love graph paper inserts as you can do so much with them. I use this organiser every day. 
  • My Personal Filofax is used for every thing really. I have all sorts in there. Monthly calendar, to dos, budget plan, meal plan, A-Z section. This is the organiser I take out and about with me. I do have a blog post on the set up but I am currently doing an up dated one. 
  • My Filoflex (Flex by Filofax) is used for weekly planning and currently put my penpal stuff in there too (also have a blog post on this). 
  • The fourth one is not an organiser but I do use a paper chase note book as a Blog planner.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The good quality, the rings in it, and all the different pockets.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I would like to make the rings a lot bigger, pastel coloured patterns on the front and inside. The inserts could be more prettier and colourful. A pocket for my Iphone.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I carry mine in my gorgeous brown Nica bag.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most?

Are you going to buy it? I really like the Malden in brown, which I do want to buy. Also I like the the Original Filofax in orange.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

The most I have spent on a Filofax is £29.00 at the most. I would like to spend a lot more on a beautiful Filofax but currently do not have the money. I will have to wait until my Birthday haha.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I have a fly leaf page where I have four sticky notes and I write four different shops on each sticky. Then transfer the items from the shopping lists onto the sticky notes for the correct shop that I want to get the item from. This way when I go to a shop, I just take the sticky note off the page. Makes it a whole lot easier.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Web finds, guest posts and the reviews.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I enjoy reading everything on there. I read the Philofaxy blog quite a lot.

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

I'm in love with the song 'rude by magic' at the moment. I downloaded it on my phone and find myself singing it most of the time.

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

No never attended a meet up but might do one day in the future. I feel like no one understands the Filofax world over where I live.

17. What was the last movie you watched?

Anna (thriller).  I love watching movies, me and my partner are always finding movies to watch on TV. We record them all.

18. What was the last book you read?

I'm trying to read John Greens book 'The fault in our stars'. Everyone keeps going on about how good it is.

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

I've never really liked any of them. I'm too attached to Enrique Iglesias :)

Thank you Stephanie for agreeing to go under our spotlight. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you, Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Anita x

    Thanks Steve for posting. As always loving your blog. x

    ReplyDelete