09 October 2016

Reader Under The Spotlight - Lori

Today I would like to introduce you to Lori. 

Hi there, I'm Lori, and I am addicted to purple Filofaxes.  I have been married for 20 years, I have a 14 year old son, and I'm coming up on my 17th work anniversary.  I work at a law firm as an Accounting Manager.

My job is fast paced and I simply have to use Outlook to keep on top of everything so I don't use a paper organizer at work.

I discovered this wonderful planning community over three years ago and it's amazing!  When I joined the Philofaxy Facebook group, there were less than 1,000 members and now there are over 11,000!   There's so much to learn from others everyday, and hopefully I've been able to teach a thing or two also. The only draw back to having all this knowledge is that I frequently get the "wanties" and end up owning many planners I don't need and won't use.  At the end of the day, I am a one life/one planner (at a time) girl!

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I have always used planners and organizers, but my first grown up "classy" organizer was bought for me by my employer in 1997 or 1998.  It was a classic size Franklin Covey, zip around organizer in beautiful brown leather.

2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My favorite size is definitely personal size and I have just sold my last A5 to prove that point!  My very favorite is my Imperial Purple Finchley.

3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I have 4 personal purple Filofax organizers, but I only use one at a time.  I have a Malden, The Originals in both lilac and patent purple, and a Finchley.

4. What do you use your organisers for?

I use my organizers for lists, lists, and more lists, as well as tasks. I use them for meal planning, cleaning schedules and also as a chance to be creative with stickers and washi tape.  I don't rely on my organizers for scheduling and remembering appointments because only an electronic calendar will do for that.  I have always loved writing, though, so a paper organizer gives me an outlet to put pen to paper.

5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

I have 5 sections.

The first is a monthly calendar and weekly diary (week on 2 pages).  These are used to keep track of tasks with specific due dates. I write down appointments, but more as a record than reminder.  I also track things like when I've clipped my dog's nails, changed the sheets, exercised (this section is quite blank), and what we had for dinner. I also record things like movies I've watched, how many books I've read, various events I'd like to remember, etc.  I keep all my calendar/diary pages using binder rings after the year as passed so I can look back later.

The second section is Lists.  I currently have a list of online orders I'm waiting on, a wish list, a "check it out" list, a list of weight loss rewards, and a list of movies I'd like to see.

The third section is MBS: Mind, Body, Spirit.  I keep meaningful quotes, health information, Bible verses, medication history.  Basically, if it has to do with my physical or mental health, it's there--as long as it's not too personal.

The fourth section is Home.  Here I have perpetual calendar with all birthdays and anniversaries for family members, budget information, a list of house repairs/improvements, menu ideas and lists, cleaning lists, home management tips, and other things like that.

The fifth and final section is Notes.  I keep blank paper here and take miscellaneous notes which might be moved to another section later, or discarded.

6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Purple leather, white contrast stitching, a secretarial pocket in the front and back cover.  25 mm rings would be just fine.  I would also want a decorative popper like those featured on the Malden and Original.  I think that adds character and makes the front of a planner not so plain.

7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Attach a pen loop to a fly leaf so you can always carry an extra pen; you also won't have to worry about the tiny Filofax pen loops fitting your multi-pens.

8. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

I haven't attended a formal meet-up, but I definitely would.  I did sell a planner to someone who coincidentally lived in my town so we met at Starbucks to make the exchange.  We did visit for awhile and had a small planner show and tell. (Hi, Sarah!)

9. What was the last movie you watched?

Me Before You--loved it!

10. What was the last book you read?

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover--amazing book!

Thank you Lori.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment