11 December 2013

Meet Up

I discovered the definition of 'Meet Up' was as follows:
meet-up  /ˈmiːtʌp/  n. an informal meeting or gathering for discussion or entertainment
I think in our own community we could add 'involving organisers' to the end of the description!

I was looking back at the meet up's I've attended in 2013 the other day as we get close to the end of the year and what a year it's been. I travelled over 5000 kms in a month to attend four meet ups in October/November alone. Thankfully I didn't have to drive to all of them. I've used planes, boats and trains for quite a few!

Here is a list of them all I've been to this year:
Fortunately I've not travelled to everyone from my home in France other the mileage would have been considerably higher! But with some careful planning most of them have been whilst we have been visiting UK for other reasons and staying in the cottage in Kent.

So did you get to a meet up this year? Even if it wasn't one of the ones I was at. I hope you enjoyed the experience as much as I've done at each event over the last three years. The first one in November 2010 seems a distant memory now but still a very happy memory. 

This year has been brilliant, some big events, some small ones too, but just as enjoyable for me. Thank you to you all that have come along. I've really enjoyed meeting you all. I've lost count of the number of nationalities I've met at meet ups this year!

Some people couldn't make it and that is unfortunate... but hopefully there will be another time to meet them.

And what of 2014... well no dates fixed yet but I'm hoping to try and get to a meet up in Germany at some point in the year. There will of course be some more UK meet ups no firm dates yet.

One day I would also like to visit the USA at some point, but not sure yet if it will be next year or not. That will be quite a task to organise to plan our various stop overs... Alison will be coming along too.







4 comments:

  1. oooohhh, so much fun! I miss meeting Filofax peeps in person. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get to the US, if New York is a stop for you, let me know and we'll definitely plan something. I'm more than happy to help you plan your trip as well. One day I'll make it to London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an impressive international list, Steve!
    Sadly I didn't make it to a meet up this year after getting to ones in 2011 & 2012. I shall have to make sure I attend next year. My two were quite different, but both great days with such lovely people & their organisers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would love to have you at an Australian Meet Up!! :)

    ReplyDelete