13 October 2011

Reader Under The Spotlight - Tracy

Hi everyone.
I was thrilled when I received an email from Steve asking if I would like to do a reader under the spotlight post. I love reading those of others!!

Anyhow, I'm Tracy and I live in Lincolnshire. I am a full-time mum of two girls, and also a full-time student at the University of Lincoln reading Psychology with Forensic Psychology. I am a big fan of Filofax and have never got on with technology.

I have my own blog which I only started a couple of months ago. 

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it? 

The first Filofax that I bought and still own was a Mini Identity. I found it the other week whilst having a sort out. I used to love it, and felt very sorry for it when I looked inside and it was empty. So now it has spare diary pages in.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using? 

I always cringe when I think of this question, as I feel like a traitor to Filofax. I have used Moleskine diaries numerous years but have never stuck with them. I have also used normal diaries that come out at Christmas time. But, I always come back to Filofax.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)? 

I absolutely adore my Vintage Pink Personal Malden. I saw people on Philofaxy ranting about how great the Malden was and I never believed it until I looked on the Filofax website. I immediately thought, "wow, I have to have one".

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I currently own 10 Filofaxes.
  • Mini Identity 
  • Mini Lyndhurst 
  • Mini Malden (currently on sale on eBay) 
  • Pocket Urban 
  • Pocket Adelphi (currently for sale on eBay) 
  • Pocket Botanic 
  • Personal Songbird 
  • Personal Malden 
  • A5 Finsbury 
  • Flex

5. What do you use your Filofax for? 

My personal Malden is used for everything. All day to day stuff and information I need to remember. It has my diary, to do's, cards, and plenty of note paper. My A5 Finsbury is used for my uni work. I take it to lectures with me and take notes. My mini Lyndhurst is taking a well earned break, and the pocket urban has just temporarily come out so I can update the diary.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most? 

I love the flexibility the Filofax can offer. You can put as much or little into it as you want. Then if you want a change, you can.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature? 

I would be more likely to design the refills for a Filofax rather than the binder itself. I would like to see more funkier diary refills and subject tabs. I find they are very plain. They need more colour and patterns.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

I usually carry my A5 Finsbury in my hand when going to uni. All other Filofaxes generally go into my handbag.


9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? 

Are you going to buy it? Mmm. This one has been quite a subject of debate for me. I love my personal Malden but was finding it hard carrying that and the A5 around with me. It seems that no other Filofax can match the expectations of the Malden so I have just ordered myself a pocket Malden in crimson.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Ooh I hope my other half doesn't read this. The most I have spent was £35. It was my personal Malden, bought from a lady on Philofaxy adspot page. It was a good purchase. I tend to look for bargains, and will very rarely pay full price.


11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most? 

I love reading Philofaxy full stop. I take a look every day to see what is new. I love reading about what other people keep in their Filofaxes. I get some good ideas from it. I also like reading the comments to the posts. Everyone has a story, hint or suggestion to share, and they are all passionate about Filofaxes.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy? 

Are you joking????? What is there not to like????


13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

Since getting an iPhone I don't buy cd's any more. Which is quite sad in a way. The last album I downloaded was the latest Red Hot Chili Peppers album "I'm with you". It's fantastic.


Thank you Tracy for going under the spotlight and we look forward to meeting you at next months London Meet up. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy! I'm from Lincolnshire too - small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy - good to 'meet' you! Thanks for sharing! Very glamorous picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another from Lincolnshire too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice in music as well as planners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello fellow Lincolnshire ppl. :)
    @Alison. thank you. i hate having my photo taken so found it hard to pic a photo to go on here. :)
    @globetrottingcacti i love the rhcp. i cant wait to go and see them in november :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear more about you, Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to meet you Tracy! and yes, agree with Alison, that is a glamorous snap : )

    ReplyDelete