14 February 2007

We ♥ Our Readers

As many...uh...a few...uh...okay, TWO of our millions of readers have complained, I'm now just as bad as Philofaxer. It's true. For one week, I honestly was on vacation without Internet access. Since then, I've just plain been a negligent blogger.

But I have the perfect excuse -- I've been focusing on doing the things inside my Filofax. Over the past couple of weeks, I've finalized my kitchen-counter Filofax, cleaned the house, taken down a pile of undone paperwork, started planning our next trip (including tickets to a TV show taping), got my husband a nice Valentine's Day present (tickets to a series of wine tastings), got my winter coat out of storage, had my car detailed, bought new sheets, and the like. (Well, that just about does it for my Christmas money.) I also prepared to sing in a recital, but didn't (it got canceled).

And, to be honest, I've been wobbling, as I know all Filofaxers do. A few more responsibilities have been added to my job description, including a new team member to delegate things to, and all of a sudden my A5 Filo work setup seemed wrong. Where do I track the delegated items? How do I remind myself to extract tasks from meeting notes without losing them? Are my project pages still working now that I have a lot more projects? Wouldn't a plain notebook be easier?

You get the idea.

However, I've pulled through. My work Filo sits at my right hand, a single recepticle for notes, work records, and schedule. Any failure to sort out my work is my own, not the Filo's. I think.

The next step for me is to start posting again, while trying to maintain my new level of offline activity, too. I understand that our faithful Philofaxy readers have missed the articles, and I appreciate the support. I'll try to give you more of what you come here for.

Meanwhile, it must be said that Philofaxy isn't the only place to read about Filofaxes on the Net. There aren't many oases for us lovers of the rings, but today I've one to submit for your perusal: Pig Pog's Moleskine vs. Filofax cost comparison.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Philofaxy is not the only place to read about filofaxes on the net - but it's the best place. So keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the linkage, Nan. I've just had a wobble myself - a week or so with an A4 Clairefontaine notebook, seeing how A4 would stack up against my A5 Filofax.

    Like you, though, I'm back to the Filofax now, and loving it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Philofaxy is the best!:) Thanks for the Pigpog site, needing a filo fix!

    ReplyDelete